Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Eden!

Welcome to the world! Eden Van Dusen was born 04/06/08 at 4:26 AM. Leanna started contracting consistently around 9 PM. They started getting every 5 minutes around midnight. We decided to go to the hospital around 1:30. They checked Leanna's cervix at around 2:00 and it was 5 cm dilated. She decided she liked "working through" her contractions by walking instead of just bearing them in bed. After awhile they started getting bad. At 4:00 she figured she would get an epidural. The nurse checked her again and she was 8 cm. They called for an epidural and by the time the Anesthesiologist came up 2 minutes later, Leanna said, "I have to push." We told the anesthesiologist to go away and we were going to do this old fashioned way without the epidural. We had talked to the doctor beforehand and he said it would be okay for me to help deliver. So at this point I got my gown and gloves on and got ready to deliver. They called the in house physician to come help because they knew our doctor wasn't going to make it. Well before we knew it Leanna's membranes popped and out came Eden's little head. I then delivered the rest of her body and the doctor clamped the umbilical cord. I was excited to be able to deliver our little girl. Anyways, here are some pictures of our little Angel.

No one can say she is bald! She's got a cute little head.

Caleb was pretty excited to hold her.But he was more excited to eat Mommy's chocolate mousse.
Family photo courtesy of Letty Halladay.
Our friends, the Condies and Allens, were kind to pay us a visit at the hospital. Nice haircut Isaac.
Please excuse the nudity. She's a cutie.Thanks to Grandma Letty for helping us soooooooo much. We love you.
The beautiful part of our family! They are so cute.
This is in her going home outfit just befor the carseat.
Finally we get a picture with a little eye openage.


Finally home at our house with one big happy family.

11 comments:

Jill and Chris said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy for you guys. What a litte angel she looks like. When you get up to it I expect you to call me on the webcam so I can get a real life look. :) Oh YEA!!!

Chelsee said...

She's beautiful! Wow! You can definitely tell she is one of yours. Thanks for sharing the pics. We are thrilled for you. Welcome to the world of 3 kids! :)

Amy said...

Those boys sure do look happy! On the way home tonight Bristol was talking about how you (Leanna) have three boys. We thought she was getting mixed up, thinking Eden was a boy, but she said, "No, K-love, Max and Mike - Leanna has three boys!" Haha. Good thing you finally have a girl in there to try and balance out your three boys Leanna! Congratulations!!

lexi said...

I'm so excited for you! She's beautiful!! Way to go Leanna on going the old fashioned route!!! Congratulations!

Heidi A said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful and so is the rest of your family. All the best! Hope you get sleep soon:)

Tara and Andrew said...

I ditto all the comments. She is beautiful. She's got the round Van Dusen head---and man, she looks just like Max! I bet you were so excited to finally dress a little girl in pink! Yea! Can't wait to see her in person whenever I get to!:)

Tanna said...

So exciting! What a beautiful baby! Can't wait to see her!!!

JP Anderson said...

Congratulations! I remember when your wife brought in your first child and a cake to UPS for your birthday. Time goes by so fast! Felicia is excited to be a mom and just cook and clean and play with the kids. Thanks for letting us know about the new addition.

Becky and Ryan said...

Hey Leanna!! It was nice to hear your voice yesterday. Sorry I didn't talk longer. Bubba had fun playing with the boys, I am glad they could come celebrate with us. You new little miss is so darling. CONGRATULATIONS! I am glad you are both doing well. Enjoy the time with your new baby and MOM. Call me after she leaves so I can bring you pizza (Homemade)!!! Becky

clixie said...

Leanna, She is a precious little girl. What a perfect family. Thanks for sharing.

Rob and Tiff said...

I am so excited for you. She sure is a cutie. I'm glad you had people who love you to take care of you. I can't wait to see her.