These past few weeks have been a whirlwind. It always goes by so fast when Mike has 2 weeks off! We took advantage of the time together with several family outings. We made good use of the grill, got a root canal and temporary crown on one tooth (and after 2 phone calls to the insurance company to verify they DO cover those procedures, we just got a letter saying they DON'T!...WHAT?!), went to the horse racing, had a great time with Mike's parents for a few days (Caleb especially enjoyed the Wii that they brought), and I ended with a fast trip to Utah for McKell's wedding. Mike kept the boys and they had quite the father/sons party while I was gone...a trip downtown on the train to the Blue's Festival, swimming, Arboretum, frisbee, bike rides. Needless-to-say, this last week was a wake-up call for them with daddy being gone. I think they went through daddy withdrawals. They had a hard time understanding that Eden and I can't play tennis and do EVERYTHING they want to at the drop of a hat! They love their dad.
Mike is officially a 4th year medical student!! Yea!! It seemed like the first year lasted forever, and now in hindsight, I can't believe we're winding down. It will be hard to leave friends here that have become family. Although maybe we'll be here for another 4 years...we'll see what Heavenly Father has in store for our family.
Here are a few random pics:
First, and of utmost importance to Max...playing baseball. (Nice haircut, Mike...he really did it)

Good eye contact

Good follow through on the swing...

And a good laugh.

I love this even though it's blurry. Max and his "Bob" that is now "Baby Bob" ever since Eden was born. He LOVES this little dog and it goes everywhere with us.

Mike took Caleb to a Cub's game...it was a pretty fun father/son outing.

Cubs won. I don't think Caleb new that, but he sure loved the cotton candy, hot dog, popcorn, and ice cream.
3 comments:
Fun pictures! We love dad around here too! They just seem to be so much fun.
What a fun time you guys have been having! The pictures are great!!!
GO CUBBIES!!!!
Post a Comment