Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our Week!

Caleb had a few firsts this week. He put his whole face in the water in swimming lessons and is very proud of himself (although it's only for about 1 second). We also got a reading puzzle from the library and all on his own he sounded out the word 'cat' and 'apple'...I couldn't believe it. It's probably because he has such amazing parents. :) Kidding.


Max had a GREAT quote this week: I put him in bed and was feeding Eden when he starts yelling, "I want a drink" about 10 times. I'm trying to teach them to say "May I.....please?". I know...the whole manners thing is a phenomenon sometimes. If they forget to ask politely sometimes I don't answer until they say it the nice way. Anyway I told him I was feeding baby sister. Then he persisted with, "I want mommy!" a few times and I didn't answer. Then there was silence. Then in his polite voice he said, "May I have some Mommy please?" LOVE IT! I was cracking up.


Max actually didn't have such a great week. He woke up one night literally scared to death. I've never seen him like that. It was either the Scooby Doo movie that Caleb got or night terrors. He was shaking and ended up sleeping between Mike and I curled up in a little ball. Poor little guy. Then he got a fever a couple days later and was just feeling crummy and ended the day with Caleb knocking the wind out of him when he hit him in the back with a tennis ball. It made him go limp and took about a minute for him to catch his breath. I hate stuff like that. Mike and I were getting ready for mouth-to-mouth, but he came out of it. In the end, all is well. He had a good day today.


And now for the fun surprise....Yup...This really is Gregg and Julie and Katie in Chicago! What a GREAT spur-of-the-moment trip!!! This was by far the highlight of our week!! Julie called on Tuesday to see what we had planned and they flew in on Wednesday. Can't the rest of you do that??? Maybe you could get a part-time job with an airline so you have flying benefits. :) So we got some good 'ole Chicago pizza and went to Buckingham Fountain to eat it. Then we dropped Gregg and Julie off to enjoy the rest of downtown and see Wicked...they even made it to the train on time all by themselves...barely.
The next day we made it to the zoo and got a great polar bear shot. :)
Gregg showed some fantastic artistic abilities and made a few more animals for the zoo...Max wanted a dolphin, like Katie:
And Caleb...
....a very fierce tiger. :) No one will know how proud Caleb was of this tiger. He even sat in the stroller with his arms in "claw" position for the rest of our time at the zoo.
The artist posing with Mr. Tiger and Miss Dolphin. Max was a little out of sorts for the pic. :)

Too bad they didn't get bumped from their flight on Friday. :) We loved having them while they were here!!

I'll end this long update with a couple pics of baby sister. In Julie's words, "You deserve her." She's still a happy little baby, without a strong opinion...or at least the ability to state it in words with the fierce tantrums. :) Babies are definitely a little piece of heaven.


6 comments:

Tanna said...

Yeah for fun visitors! (wish it were me!) Glad you had such a good time. I'm impressed with the "May I...Please" stuff. Way-to-go!

Dad said...

Mike had night terrors and so maybe Max will grow out of this like Mike did. However, I still remember how scared I was when Mike would have the night terrors.

Rob and Tiff said...

What a great surprise to have your sister come to town. I'm glad you were able to have so much fun. I agree with her, you do deserve such a cute little girl in the family.

Becky and Ryan said...

What a week! How great you family could come for a suprise visit. Looks like fun family times. Keep on truckin you are a great MOM.

Thanks again for watching our little herd of children. I really appreciate having such kind VT's.

Luv ya, Becky

Amber Jensen said...

You have such a cute family! I have a blog now. My address is www.jensenfamilyfour.blogspot.com

kecia said...

Love those BIG blue eyes on "baby sis" she must have two beautiful parents with the smae beautiful blue eyes! What a doll!