Sunday, July 27, 2008

Boards are over!!

Dad is back!! Time for celebration...we started out with a good 'ole game of mini golf....Max's new love. The only one who didn't get a hole-in-one was.....Dad. :) The next day, July 25th, was our first Annual "Brother's Day" in the Van Dusen family....strategically placed the day after boards. Caleb thought since there was Mothers and Fathers Day, there should be Brother's Day too. So we got them a little present and let them choose what they wanted to do for the day. The final decision was.....camping and going to the beach.....great way to celebrate boards being over. Here is Max and Bob...his first thing to be packed... You know you're in for a treat when this is the sign entering the camping area....or should we say huge grassy field with posts sticking up numbering the campsite! We actually ended up with an okay spot that at least had some trees and no neighbors. The campground we wanted that was close to the beach was unfortunately full.....so we had to do plan B.

This is a fake smile, if you can't tell....he didn't love the "plan B" place at first. It took a little convincing to remind him that this is fun, but he caught on really quick. :) He even admitted at the end that it was a lot of fun. Of course, we had great company...another great trip with Jenny and Eric and Isaac.
Good morning, sister!! She passed her first camping trip with flying colors...slept for a solid 9 hours!
The Allen's are amazing...they can come up with the best games! Here is "Once there was a Tunnel"...AKA "Once there was a Snowman". That was a big hit.
Finally...the beach! Lake Michigan pretty much feels like the ocean without the salt or big waves.
Burying Caleb...
Then Eric...
And they all loved the fishing....but especially Caleb. He got his much awaited Spiderman fishing pole for Brother's Day.
That's all from us......see a lot of you SOON!!!

8 comments:

The Chicago Bowlers said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm bummed that we weren't able to go. You have such a cute family - we are going to miss having you guys around for the next month. Have a great time in Utah.

Jenny Allen said...

You took some great pictures! What a fun trip - we will have to do it again sometime.

Tanna said...

What a great trip! I love that Eden slept 9 hours. What a camper! I will be seeing you SOON!!!

Chris and Mel said...

congrats to mike! we hear you'll be in utah- what a bummer that we just barely missed you guys.

Becky and Ryan said...

Horray! Congratulations on all the hardwork. What fun activities. The beach looks fantastic, you did find a great spot.

kecia said...

looks like so much fun! Glad you have your hubby/dad back! It stinks when they are so busy and gone all the time!

The Metcalf's said...

Hello VanDusens!

I saw your blog on Heidi Applegarth's. Hope you don't my peeking in! Congrats on all your success. Your kids are adorable and Eden is just precious!

Stephanie (Johnson) Metcalf

Rob and Tiff said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun camping, it's a real bummer we weren't able to join you. I can't even remember what weekend that was and what I had going on but I remember I was busy and couldn't come. Maybe next time. Congratulations Mike for being done with boards. Have fun in Utah!